New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

DVI to ADC adapter

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

shibi

shibi is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15" 2.33GHz , OSX 10.4.9

hello,

I just bought a DVI to ADC adapter to connect my apple studio display to my macbookpro. It has been bought in the USA and now I take it overseas.
Do I need a transformer for the electricity cable or will it suit 220 V as well?
on the device itself it's written 100-240V but on the cable there is a tag 125V 2.5A...

thanks,

shibi
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

The DVI to ADC adapter includes a power supply that's designed for world wide use, so it should be OK. However, it's probably best to contact Apple to make certain. Unfortunately the Apple specs say little or nothing about power requirements.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I own that adapter and use it on my 22" Cinema Display. Will check and see if I can find any info on it. There really was nothing much with it but a sheet of paper. Will get back to you.

Edit: Just checked mine, Says right on the bottom, 100-240 VAC. I doubt Apple would silkscreen that on the converter if it was not the correct info, so it should work.

Just to be sure, you have the White ADC to DVI Apple converter. It's almost the size of a Mac Mini but a bit smaller with a Cable and ADC Jack on one side and a Power Jack on the other side. It cost $100.
QUOTE Thanks
shibi

Yes, that's the same adapter.
I think it should be fine it's just that tag on the cable (125V 2.5A) that made me wonder...
so far i haven't found on the web any detail about power supplies..
Does apple have an email support or you must have a .mac account for that?

Thank you very much!

ok, it's working. no converter needed. now I got another questions for you.
Does anyone know how to set the other screen (the studio display) to be the main screen? I mean the screen where windows are automatically opened and got the dock in.
I couldn't solve it at the arrangement tab in display - system preferences.
only with a top-bottom arrangement I could have the dock at the big screen but no success with the rest...

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

This may be what you're looking for, not sure. Read the following Apple KB article. Link

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

What computer are you using again and what version of OSX?

Opps! chscag beat me to it. That KB Article should take care of your issue for you.
QUOTE Thanks
shibi

thanks!
will check that out.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS X.10

Use the device in Australia and needed to purchase the three pin 240 volt power lead as we have a different power connection here to US and Europe. Here is how our local adapters come - note the power cord fitting:-

Apple DVI to ADC Adapter - eBay Cables, Accessories, Parts, Apple, Computers. (end time 31-Mar-09 20:00:00 AEDST)

The power cord is available at computer shops as they are generic fittings.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« External ATA hard drive | USB or Firewire Ex HD »