New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Mac-compatible Head-sets (Skype)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

umijin

OK... I can't figure out what headsets will work with a late model G4 Powerbook or any other Mac. Part of the problem is communication in Japanese (I'm in Japan) and part is that these sales people don't know jack about macs.

I'd like to use Skype, so if anyone can tell me a brand of headset (audiojacks, usb, bluetooth) that will work with a Mac - I'd appreciate it.

-Curt
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

I would think that any USB or Bluetooth-compatible headset would work.

PowerBooks have line-in, not a microphone jack. If you get a headset with a microphone plug, get a Griffin iMic USB microphone adapter, and plug the microphone connector into that.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

I bought the Plantronics DSP-500 Headset and it works awesome with my mac and Skype
QUOTE Thanks
monstermac

Quote:
Originally Posted by umijin
OK... I can't figure out what headsets will work with a late model G4 Powerbook or any other Mac. Part of the problem is communication in Japanese (I'm in Japan) and part is that these sales people don't know jack about macs.

I'd like to use Skype, so if anyone can tell me a brand of headset (audiojacks, usb, bluetooth) that will work with a Mac - I'd appreciate it.

-Curt
exactly I have just bought the plantronics m2500 and whilst the mic part works I can only hear the other person via the speakers on my powerbook. the other end can hear me but not very well. works very well with my nokia phone...but really got it for skype. if you find a wireless headset that works please post !

monster
QUOTE Thanks
carlos

carlos is on a distinguished road

Okay guys,

Ive got yhe Jabra bt500. It paired without any problem. I cant get it workin with the skype o r anything, even though is paired. I open the audio section in the system preferences to configure my input and output device, but the headset is not shown there.

Any advice?
QUOTE Thanks
carlos

Sorry, my headset is the "Jabra bt250v"
QUOTE Thanks
carlos

Hi, I tested with a Jabra headset and it didnt work.

Ive reciently got the Motorola HS820 and It worked perfectly!!!

Finaly an answer.... I used it with skype and worked great! also good for itunes, poor quality for music though.

Cheers lads...
QUOTE Thanks
Badger

The Sony Playstation 2 USB headset works fine. It's made by Logitech (even has the name on it) and costs from $15 (Amazon Canada) to around $35 C$ depending on the source. The only drawback I've found is that it has a long cord.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

I have a Jabra bluetooth headset that works great with my iMac.

schweb | community leader
flickr » facebook » twitter » tumblr » google+ » about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
Maxplayer14

You people who actually got headsets to work. What OS Version are you running and are you using dongle or buit in BT? I have not been able to get my Mini running 10.4.4 with built in BT to recognize several headsets. Including the HS850 which other people report it as working fine. I wish the Mac Store and Apple would officially support a headset that works.
QUOTE Thanks
carlos

using OS X 10.4.4

cheers
QUOTE Thanks
apinchofhope

apinchofhope is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15"|matte display|OS X 10.4|2.2ghz intel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
The only drawback I've found is that it has a long cord.
not a drawback

apple is for lovers.
QUOTE Thanks
TenderSurrender

TenderSurrender is just really niceTenderSurrender is just really niceTenderSurrender is just really niceTenderSurrender is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)

Erm 2006 called, It wouldnt mind its thread back

~~ TS ~~

JEMDNA Photography - Clicky to see latest work
“Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it.”
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Bose Companion 5 | Mouse Accuracy »