New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts wireless keyboard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nickcp

nickcp is on a distinguished road

Hope someone can help me with this. It makes no sense to me. I just purchased a new wireless keyboard for my imac. It is the official mac one. But the shortcut keys are not what they should be. Ie the volume keys activate spaces etc. I simply cant change them. For some reason on system preferences/Keyboard and Mouse/Keyboard Shortcuts/ there is no option to add an increase volume shortcut.
So I am stuck here.
Any advice would be welcome. The frustrating thing is that the F Keys do something completely different with my wired keyboard. They work as they are supposed to do. That seems to suggest that there is an issue with the keyboard itself.
QUOTE Thanks
kbalch

kbalch is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac, 2.8GHz, 500GB, 4GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickcp View Post
Hope someone can help me with this. It makes no sense to me. I just purchased a new wireless keyboard for my imac. It is the official mac one. But the shortcut keys are not what they should be. Ie the volume keys activate spaces etc. I simply cant change them. For some reason on system preferences/Keyboard and Mouse/Keyboard Shortcuts/ there is no option to add an increase volume shortcut.
Go to System Preferences/Keyboard and Mouse/Keyboard and make sure that you've checked off Use F1, F2, etc. as standard function keys. I think that should help...

Ken
QUOTE Thanks
justinstadnyk

justinstadnyk is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerMac G5, PowerBook G4, iPhone 3G 16Gb

I just had the same problem when I purchased the new wireless keyboard.

Turns out all I had to do was check for updates. Once you've paired with the keyboard a new update should come up for the new layout of keyboard.

Should work...give it a try!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OS9: Re-formatting an encrypted HDD? | How is the text size with a 20" ACD? »