New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

HP scanner doesn't work

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ibisbill

ibisbill is on a distinguished road

I have been given (a neighbour was literally throwing it out) an HP Scanjet 3570c scanner but it is terrifically temperamental. Occasionally it works but most of the time not. Sometimes it makes the right noises but the software doesn't launch so no image comes up. If I go into the HP Scan Pro software and launch it myself I get a message saying a necessary program is missing or corrupted. If I press New Scan it says preparing to scan but nothing happens. How can I make sure I have all the right software and that it is uncorrupted. I just updated the software but that hasn't done any good... I have Mac OS10.3.9.

Many thanks,

Michael, London, UK
QUOTE Thanks
dauber

dauber is a jewel in the roughdauber is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04

Okay, two thoughts:

1) (I'm a bit confused...you said you updated the software, but you want to make sure you have all the right software....could you clarify??) If I'm looking in the right place, I'm finding that you might need at least OSX 10.4 to get the scanner working, and

2) Perhaps there's a reason your neighbour threw it out.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4

For drivers for OS earlier than Tiger it is necessary to purchase a software CD from HP for US and Canada residents only. You might find sikmilar in the UK? Here is the link:-

HP Scanjet 3570c Scanner series*-* Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« USB to Firewire adapter? | My samsung tv »