New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Epson Workforce 600 Wireless Scanner Installation

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

GRRunner

GRRunner is on a distinguished road

Epson Scan Settings cannot be opened in Mac OS 10.5.6 to add IP address for wireless scanning. Instead I continually get "Application Epson Scan Settings quit unexpectedly" and wont relaunch.
The wireless printing feature works flawlessly. The scanner works if I connect the printer to the MacBook Pro directly with a USB cable.
Additionally, Windows XP was opened thru Boot Camp on the same MacBook Pro, and all of the wireless printing and scanning features installed easily without hiccups.
Epson phone service, on two long sessions, installed and reinstalled drivers from the Epson website and the original installation disk without success. The final Epson recommendation was to contact Apple and advise the operating system wont accept the Epson scanner driver.
Apple updated me from OS 10.5.5 to OS 10.5.6 and said because the printer was working, there was nothing more Apple could do. The problem is either in the scanner/printer itself or the manufacturers software.
Epson response to another call and review was the fact that everything was installed and working wireless in Windows XP, and all except wireless scanner was working in OS 10.5.6 indicates the problem is in the operating system
I'm dead in the water, true I can scan with the USB cable attached but that defeats the reason the WorkForce was purchased initially to provide wireless capability.
QUOTE Thanks
GRRunner

Found an answer to the wireless Epson Scan Utility problem.
Downloaded, from the Epson website,the scanner driver and Epson scan utility V3.44A, Epson #12681, for the Epson Artisan 800, another wireless all-in-one printer. Had no problem accessing and configuring the Epson scan network settings for the WorkForce 600 per the network installation guide.
Hence, Epson Scan now launches and is functional in the wireless mode.
Appears there is a problem with the Workforce 600 #12571 Scan driver and scan utility when setting up for wireless scanning.
Does anyone have any idea what is happening and why the Artisan 800 download works and the WorkForce 600 download does not work?
QUOTE Thanks
duggo

duggo is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac

Did you get this to work on the 800? I am trying to help a friend with his and any tips you can give would be welcome.
QUOTE Thanks
GRRunner

I never tried to set up an 800. I stumbled onto the download for the 800 while trying to get my 600 to work and decided to try it on the 600 and it worked.
QUOTE Thanks
Morten1969

Morten1969 is on a distinguished road

I have just bought the Epson sx600fw print/scan/fax, and have tried almost everything, but still cant get the wireless scanning feature to work.
I tried the 800 workforce also.
Can you please post what you did, and what program you used to make this work?
It would make me a very happy mac`er
QUOTE Thanks
GRRunner

I had no problems setting up the wireless 600 scanner using Windows XP via BootCamp. I could not get it to work when using OS 10.5.6.
I stumbled onto the Epson Artisan 800 Scan Utility V3.44A, Epson #12681.
I used that Scan Utility to set up the Workforce 600 and it worked with OS 10.5.6
QUOTE Thanks
Vincenzo

Vincenzo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRRunner View Post
I had no problems setting up the wireless 600 scanner using Windows XP via BootCamp. I could not get it to work when using OS 10.5.6.
I stumbled onto the Epson Artisan 800 Scan Utility V3.44A, Epson #12681.
I used that Scan Utility to set up the Workforce 600 and it worked with OS 10.5.6
Would you have the link to this so i can download

Vincenzo
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

You might try looking here.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Vincenzo

Vincenzo is on a distinguished road

Cheers thanks

vincenzo
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

And here's the Apple site with latest Epson drivers for 10.6 - link.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Panamawise

Panamawise is on a distinguished road

Thank you Bobtomay, very helpful!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Time Machine only Calculates and Prepares. Nothing gets saved. | HD home run need help »