New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Add additional memory

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

5lobos

5lobos is on a distinguished road

I have a G4 power book laptop. For some reason my laptop is running real slow. I was wanting to upgrade my memory. I have 1 gig that came with the laptop. I was wondering if I could add a new 1 gig chip from Kingston. The memory is PC2700 DDR SoDIMM notebook memory. The model # KVR333SO/1GR. Will I have to add 2 new chips from Kingston or can I just add the 1gig memory. I'm not sure how the compatibility of the Kingston memory would be with the memory that came with the laptop with I bought it new from the MAC store. Also thinking about a new hard drive. I'm looking at the Seagate 250 serial ATA. Model # ST90250N1A1.
Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
5lobos

5lobos is on a distinguished road

I did a little INTERNET research and found out about the memory. I have 2 512mb chips. I will need to purchase 2 1 gig chips to upgrade. The Kingston memory will work. I also found out that I will need a hard drive that is not serial ATA. I will need to stay with EIDE hard drive. The G4 powerbook will not support a serial ATA drive.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Question on HP Laserjet 1005 | Lacie External Hard Drive Problems.. »