New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

USB Bluetooth device open problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Shrads

Shrads is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I have two types of bluetooth controller devices say X and Y for which I need to write a DFU application. When Device X is plugged into USB it directly goes into DFU mode (and not in Application mode). Below is its entry in IORegistry Explorer:

IOUSBWirelessControllerDevice@3d100000
AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController (This entry gets crossed out after few seconds)
IOUSBInterface@0
IOUSBInterface@1
IOUSBInterface@2

I am successfully able to download firmware to this device using my application. The first step this application does is to open the device.

I am trying same things for device Y. The only difference with this device is that it remains in Application mode when plugged into USB. Following is its entry in IORegistry Explorer:

IOUSBWirelessControllerDevice@1d100000
CSRUSBBluetoothHCIController
IOBluetoothHCIUserClient
IOBluetoothHCIUserClient
IOUSBInterface@0
IOUSBInterface@1
IOUSBInterface@2

When my application tries to open this device it gives me kIOReturnExclusiveAccess error.

You can notice that CSRUSBBluetoothHCIController and IOBluetoothHCIUserClient entries are not present for device X. This made me conclude to have a codeless kext for device Y to avoid both the entries.
I am not sure if the entry mismatch in the IORegistry for both the devices is the reason for getting an error while opening the device. Any pointers?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need Help Please!!! | External HDD »