New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Wacom Intuos3 + Leopard issue

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Gotiki

Gotiki is on a distinguished road

(This is the main reason I joined the forum.)

[s]I'm using a Wacom Intuos3 9x12 graphics tablet with a MacBook with Leopard on it. I've had the laptop since early March of this year, and the tablet for a bit less than that. Up until now, I've had no serious issues (slight bugs, but ones I could fix).
The tablet is working to a usable degree, but only barely. The mouse-pointer moves far too slow, as if there were no drivers installed. I checked my system preferences to see if they had changed somehow, and, while the Wacom preferences part, in the "Other" section, was still there, the tablet was not showing up. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting it in both USB ports, but no luck. I tried restarting and plugging it in, and still nothing. I removed all Wacom-related files and reinstalled them (from the installation disc), but it just wouldn't work.
Now I'm quite frustrated, as you can imagine, and I am in dire need of assistance. I'm the most technologically-adept person in my immediate family, and my friends who are better than me with computers are all PC-users, and none of them know much about tablets. So, I'm hoping someone here would be willing and able to help me with this problem.

I installed a large update (10.5.5) to the OS not too long ago. Could that be related to it somehow?

Also, this afternoon, I was putting music on my MP3-player (an RCA Lyra) and something happened. Unfortunately, I didn't think to screencap the error message, but it was something to the effect of "You do not have proper privileges to complete this action." Actually, I didn't see that until I after I got a message saying the device was improperly disconnected, which made me look for error messages. It's never happened before, and I haven't had this issue with my tablet until after it happened, so I think it could possibly be related. The songs are DRM-free, too, and some of them copied properly to the MP3-player. I was even able to copy more music after I disconnected and reconnected the device, though not the songs I was previously attempting to transfer. At that point, the tablet was still working fine. It wasn't until I turned my computer back on later in the day that I had the issue.[/s]

UPDATE: I found a fix on the Wacom site. Thread can be locked, now.
QUOTE Thanks
MukiEX

MukiEX is on a distinguished road

I'm stuck in the same boat (exactly the same boat, in fact). What fix did you find? I tried everything in the book to no avail.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« SYnch trouble with Palm TX | Switch2 KVMs: are all as bad as mine? »