New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Logitech MX mouse - Middle button

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

imme

imme is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I have just bought a new logitech MX revolution Mouse. I have the controle center installed and the mouse it all set up and is great but there is something that does not seem right.

When I press the middle mouse button (pressing the main middle scroll button down) The click makes a strange sound and does not seem normal. Is this the case with everyone else?

What also is weird is that if I turn the mouse switch underneath off it no longer makes this odd sound when its clicked.

The middle button dosent seem to do anything and in the controle centre the option to change what it does is grayed out.
QUOTE Thanks
Simms

Simms is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Black MacBook | 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo | 4GB RAM | 160GB HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by imme View Post
Hello,

I have just bought a new logitech MX revolution Mouse. I have the controle center installed and the mouse it all set up and is great but there is something that does not seem right.

When I press the middle mouse button (pressing the main middle scroll button down) The click makes a strange sound and does not seem normal. Is this the case with everyone else?

What also is weird is that if I turn the mouse switch underneath off it no longer makes this odd sound when its clicked.

The middle button dosent seem to do anything and in the controle centre the option to change what it does is grayed out.
The middle scroll click switches the mouse between click-to-click mode and free-scroll mode. That is the sound you are hearing, and this function cannot be changed, that's why it's greyed out in the control center.

Try clicking it so that it is in free-scroll mode and then scroll down a long webpage super-fast! Have fun with your new mouse!
QUOTE Thanks
imme

imme is on a distinguished road

oh yeah, I see what you mean now. That kinda sucks id rather have an extra mapable click button. if you flick the wheel it goes into free scroll mode anyway.

Apart from that seems like a great mouse! im trying to get used to the sensitivity of it though lol
QUOTE Thanks
Simms

Simms is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Black MacBook | 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo | 4GB RAM | 160GB HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by imme View Post
oh yeah, I see what you mean now. That kinda sucks id rather have an extra mapable click button. if you flick the wheel it goes into free scroll mode anyway.

Apart from that seems like a great mouse! im trying to get used to the sensitivity of it though lol
Yeah. I found that the automatic change to scroll-mode was too unreliable. Sometimes I'd be there flicking the wheel on a webpage and it just wouldn't change - other times, it worked fine. So I kinda like the idea of a manual button to switch between the modes

The sensitivity of the free-mode scroll? Yep - it's pretty darn fast!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Unrepairable external | Crossing over »