New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Bluetooth compability?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jaster

jaster will become famous soon enough

If I buy a bluetooth device from a retail store, thats not a mac brand, such as a logitech bluetooth mouse and keyboard, will it work with an internal apple bluetooth card? I know these other retailer items come with their own usb plug and play bluetooth recievers. Are these recievers on different frequencies, or will all bluetooth recievers and transmitters, work together?
QUOTE Thanks
Lasha

I don't see why the Apple Bluetooth adapter wouldn't catch the signal and work with the bluetooth keyboard and mice from other brands. Not sure about this. Anybody else?
QUOTE Thanks
sivp

Is it possible to add bluetooth to PowerMac after i already have a mac without bluetooth???
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

no, but you can get one of those usb to bluetooth adapters.
QUOTE Thanks
Oscardms

Oscardms is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman
no, but you can get one of those usb to bluetooth adapters.
Yeah, I got myself an external usb bluetooth module to connect my phone and synch it with the mac. I use that to transfer ringtones and games to my phone for free.
QUOTE Thanks
sivp

And this external usb bluetooth can connect to another ibook (w/bluetooth) for example and share files etc..
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster
If I buy a bluetooth device from a retail store, thats not a mac brand, such as a logitech bluetooth mouse and keyboard, will it work with an internal apple bluetooth card? I know these other retailer items come with their own usb plug and play bluetooth recievers. Are these recievers on different frequencies, or will all bluetooth recievers and transmitters, work together?
Yes, it will work as bluetooth is a industry standard protocoll which makes sure it works the same regardless of which manufacturer you buy from.

The only question is if all the features the mouse has are supported by os x.

For example some logitech devices come with special software for certain functions that isn't available for OSX. But all the standard functions will work.

I think you can't assign all buttons though for some reason, but you might want to test that yourself...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 18004Memory, anyone ever? | external hdd will not boot »