New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Has any one else got this with there trackpad?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Tom-mac

Tom-mac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.5GHZ 2GB RAM 512 VRAM MACBOOKPRO

Hi - I will get straight to it, the trackpad <Not the button> on my macbook pro is slightly raised on the right hand side. I still get full functionality, but my concern is that the macbook itself is a re-furbished mac.
I showed a friend the slightly raised trackpad and he suggested to me that this could be a consequence from the cpu being changed (an issue associated with re-furbished macbooks - making it difficult for the tackpad to be put back into its original position. I bought the macbook bran new and sealed from an ebay powers seller a few months ago whom I had major delay problems with, if my friend is correct that would mean I have been had - its just constantly starring me in the face. I guess i created this thread for peace of mind. Its not a major deal if this turns out to be just a rumor and I was simply unlucky to receive a macbook with a cautious looking trackpad, except it would look better if the trackpad were sitting in its slot properly. Hope one of you guys can shine some light on this little rumor. Thank Tom
QUOTE Thanks
davidsword

davidsword is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13"/2.0Ghz/4GB/80GB/White Macbook

my white mb trackpad is slightly sunken in on the left and perfectly flush on the right, it wasn't refurbished, straight from bestbuys shelves,
QUOTE Thanks
Tom-mac

Tom-mac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.5GHZ 2GB RAM 512 VRAM MACBOOKPRO

Thanks for the response - dont surpose there would be a way do have the trackpad leveled out? either by a professional or myself.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Formatting Hard Drives | Help with imac and cintiq setup »