New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Looking for a compatible KVM Switcher

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fatslowpunk

[COLOR=Black]My situation:

I am running a G5 and want to use a KVM switcher that allows me to go back and forth from my PC. (I know it kills me to) The PC is USB and/or PS2 .

Anyway, I have read about some KVMs that have had problem with the new G5 keyboards and I want to know if anyone has found a workable solution.

-Fatslowpunk-
QUOTE Thanks
jumping_gum

Hi all :ninja:

I'm almost convinced with the purchase of the mini mac....almost.
It's just that I don't want to have another mouse and keybaord on my desk.

I'm a bit of a hardened windoze user and I want to keep my PS2 kb and mouse.
Are KVM's compatible with the USB plugs? What if we use some PS/2 to USB convertors? So that my KVM cables go into the mini mac by converting the PS2 connectors and using some sort of adaptor convert to USB ?

or am i just talking poo?
QUOTE Thanks
meltbanana314

Apple sells a Belkin KVM through its own store:
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL....6.25.7.11.4.3

But why do you want to keep the outdated PS2 keyboard/mouse? Yes, you can pick up some PS/2 to USB adapters and they will probably work - but peripherals are cheap and you'd probably be better off finding a deal on a USB keyboard and mouse at your local technology shop.
QUOTE Thanks
jumping_gum

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltbanana314
Apple sells a Belkin KVM through its own store:
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL....6.25.7.11.4.3

But why do you want to keep the outdated PS2 keyboard/mouse? Yes, you can pick up some PS/2 to USB adapters and they will probably work - but peripherals are cheap and you'd probably be better off finding a deal on a USB keyboard and mouse at your local technology shop.
If I get a mini mac, I'll have 3 machines (poss 4 inc my laptop) sitting on my desk top or by feet. I don't wanna spend mega bucks for a KVM that has USB as I can get a 4 ps2 KVM switch for less then 30/$50 whilst a USB one is slightly more costly...unless you know different
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macs and PVR's | partitioning an external drive »