New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

MacBook - anybody have any suggestions for a mouse?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

5PEEDz

5PEEDz is on a distinguished road

which mouse do you guys suggest me to buy for my macbook?
i want a bluetooth one since its just a good one for my mac =D
anybody that own one have any recommendations?
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

I have a Logitech v470 travel bluetooth mouse that I quite like

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
Khris

Khris has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD

I use the Apple Bluetooth Mighty Mouse at home and love it.
QUOTE Thanks
Michael415

Michael415 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khris View Post
I use the Apple Bluetooth Mighty Mouse at home and love it.
x2 I also enjoy the Wireless MM
QUOTE Thanks
Zeels90

Zeels90 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 17" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (Antiglare)

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TR781LL/A

This is the one I use. I don't even play games but I just like it as a mouse haha. It's very comfortable. I had a gift card when I bought it so I figured why not.
QUOTE Thanks
Andre

Andre is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 7200RPM 200GB

I got the bluetooth Mighty Mouse when I bought my MBP about 3 months ago. It's been great so far; I rarely have any issues with distinguishing left-clicks from right-clicks, but I do notice that the scroll wheel "sticks" every now and then, and the left-to-right scrolling seems jagged to me. Overall, it's a great mouse, but I ended up replacing the batteries after only 2 months. My keyboard (Apple bluetooth) uses 3 batteries, and is getting low right now, which would mean my keyboard lasted about 3 months on the batteries.
I highly recommend you get a good set of rechargeable batteries, even if you don't go with the Apple stuff
Your milage may vary
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Don't know if they still sell them, but I have a Logitech V270 Bluetooth travel mouse. It's the perfect size and it's got a great feel for a travel mouse. It doesn't burn through batteries either.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
rich6490

rich6490 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm

I love my Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, I'm not sure why it gets a somewhat negative rep, but I love it, and I have even played games with it and its fine. I may be getting a wired logitec gaming mouse for like 40 bucks off newegg just for the heck of it when I'm at my desk at home. The mighty mouse is not a gaming mouse, however it works just fine if thats all you have.

-Zach, A.C.T.
QUOTE Thanks
theonegod

theonegod has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro

I use a logitech mx lazer bluetooth mouse. You can use any mouse with your Mac that you could use on a PC.

As for the sticking scroll wheel on the mightymouse. Turn it upside down and rub it HARD against a cloth in your other hand with rubbing alcohol on it. That should clean out the ball area.

One thing stops me from using a MM. I play WoW on my computer alot and I need to hold both mouse butons down at the same time alot for movement. Can't really do that with the MM.
QUOTE Thanks
Discerptor

Discerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM

Anything in the Logitech MX series should work well. Personally, I use the MX518 and have the buttons set to do specific tasks. You really can't go too wrong with a multibutton mouse unless it's the Mighty Mouse.
QUOTE Thanks
5PEEDz

5PEEDz is on a distinguished road

i got a MX518 too but i wanted a small notebook mouse ^^
im thinking of getting microsoft 5000 bluettoth notebook mouse.. err anyboidy have anything to say about that mouse?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« SATAII express card/external hd question | PC Keyboard on MBP »