New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

iMac - Mac converts - Mighty Mouse issues

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

filipzywica

filipzywica is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I would like to ask people who use both platforms or have used a PC before but switched to mac(iMac, in this particular example).
Doesn't your mouse feel a little awkward to handle? It's not the shape but the dynamics, I am talking here. I have tried all the settings, medium, low & highest sensitivity and still I it's not as responsive as PC's mouse is.
In fact, I use a PC at work and need a good half hour playing with "beziers" to sort of get used to.

The impression I get when using it is like I had a cursor attached to a very long stick that I am holding, so that there is always a slight delay when moving it as well as problems "clicking" the exact location. This is extremely exaggerated, I'm just trying to picture it somehow. Nevertheless it does slow down my productivity a little.
Any thoughs?
My this be my bluetooth connection not working properly? When I try to connect my iMac to another bluetooth device, my keyboard and mouse freeze on me.
Please, advise

Many thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Alexis

Alexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

Try SteerMouse http://www.apple.com/downloads/macos...teermouse.html

OS X and Windows do treat the mouse in different ways. I personally have no problem switching between the two, but it sounds like you're quite ingrained with the Windows twitchiness! Steer Mouse should help you.
QUOTE Thanks
filipzywica

Ok, thank you I'll try it in a sec. I didn't think I was "ingrained" Used the mac before when doing some courses and enjoyed using the (wired)mouse.
I am seriously blaming it on some sort of a fault in USB connection.
Enough now, time to try the SteerMouse

Thanks again
QUOTE Thanks
Alexis

Alexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

Ah, maybe ingrained is the wrong word!

You know what I mean :-)
QUOTE Thanks
filipzywica

Me again.
Thanks for that SteerMouse Link. Really does extend the level of control over the mouse movements. However, after visiting the apple store today, and playing a little with the wired mouse on macs(works perfect, does exactly as told), I am switching to good old cable. Especially that my scroll-ball lost the ability to scroll down recently.
Thanks anyway
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac linked to TV but no audio | Alternative Dialup Modem Options »