Canon All-In-One
    I have a MacBook Pro and I'm looking to get a Printer and Scanner to hook up to it. From my understanding, I won't be able to scan wirelessly.

This is the printer/scanner/copier that I would like to get.

My question is: What exactly will I need to make the scanner work with my Mac, and frankly, is it a good choice?

Specs:
    MacMini 4.1, OS 10.11 and 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.11, MacBook 4.1, OS 10.6.8
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoyer1 View Post
    I'm looking to get a Printer and Scanner to hook up to it. This is the printer/scanner/copier that I would like to get. What exactly will I need to make the scanner work with my Mac, and frankly, is it a good choice?
    Almost nothing, other than installing the printer software and following connection instructions; and yes, it will be a good choice. See also http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...categoryid=178 and http://www10.shopping.com/xPC-Canon-...in-One-Printer (slightly lower prices).

Canon printers simply work well with Macs. They're great. I have a baseline MP110 and I work it hard. Other than the odd squeaking noises, it's never missed a beat, and ink use is economical. You can buy generic ink cartridges for the Pixma machines too. For home use, the MP 470 will do a good job.

Thanks for the reply, but after re-measuring and taking a look at the dimensions, I'd like something that isn't almost 18" deep.

Here is the new one I'd like. I can't seem to find if it is compatible with Macs and if it is wireless or not. Either way, all I need is a USB cable.

Specs:
    MacMini 4.1, OS 10.11 and 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.11, MacBook 4.1, OS 10.6.8
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoyer1 View Post
    I'd like something that isn't almost 18" deep.
    Here is the new one I'd like. I can't seem to find if it is compatible with Macs and if it is wireless or not. Either way, all I need is a USB cable.
    Read down near the bottom of the page link you've posted - "PC and Mac compatible".

Hey, don't want to snuff your candle, I see what you mean about depth dimension, and it's a good price, but do some checking on the Mac forums about HP printers with Mac. There are 'issues'. I get nothing for promoting Canon, but I've set up 7 of them for clients, and they're just darned good multi-purpose printers.

Don't just consider my opinion, post a question to this and other forums with eg. "Canon or HP?"

Thread Information