New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Canon All-In-One

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ZBoyer1

ZBoyer1 is on a distinguished road

I have a MacBook Pro and I'm looking to get a Printer and Scanner to hook up to it. From my understanding, I won't be able to scan wirelessly.

This is the printer/scanner/copier that I would like to get.

My question is: What exactly will I need to make the scanner work with my Mac, and frankly, is it a good choice?
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.8 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.5.8; G4 eMac 1.25, 2 Gb, OS 10.4.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBoyer1 View Post
I'm looking to get a Printer and Scanner to hook up to it. This is the printer/scanner/copier that I would like to get. What exactly will I need to make the scanner work with my Mac, and frankly, is it a good choice?
Almost nothing, other than installing the printer software and following connection instructions; and yes, it will be a good choice. See also http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...categoryid=178 and http://www10.shopping.com/xPC-Canon-...in-One-Printer (slightly lower prices).

Canon printers simply work well with Macs. They're great. I have a baseline MP110 and I work it hard. Other than the odd squeaking noises, it's never missed a beat, and ink use is economical. You can buy generic ink cartridges for the Pixma machines too. For home use, the MP 470 will do a good job.
QUOTE Thanks
ZBoyer1

ZBoyer1 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply, but after re-measuring and taking a look at the dimensions, I'd like something that isn't almost 18" deep.

Here is the new one I'd like. I can't seem to find if it is compatible with Macs and if it is wireless or not. Either way, all I need is a USB cable.
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.8 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.5.8; G4 eMac 1.25, 2 Gb, OS 10.4.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBoyer1 View Post
I'd like something that isn't almost 18" deep.
Here is the new one I'd like. I can't seem to find if it is compatible with Macs and if it is wireless or not. Either way, all I need is a USB cable.
Read down near the bottom of the page link you've posted - "PC and Mac compatible".

Hey, don't want to snuff your candle, I see what you mean about depth dimension, and it's a good price, but do some checking on the Mac forums about HP printers with Mac. There are 'issues'. I get nothing for promoting Canon, but I've set up 7 of them for clients, and they're just darned good multi-purpose printers.

Don't just consider my opinion, post a question to this and other forums with eg. "Canon or HP?"
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« usb to dvi converter for powerPC? | elgato 250,, problem »