New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus ē Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts ē Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

PowerBook does not read Ext. HDD anymore after restart from stall

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Silver_Blush

Silver_Blush is on a distinguished road

Iíve a Seagate Dual Firewire 400 External Hard Drive. My PowerBook G4 was stalling due to some silly application, so I press the ON/OFF button the restart it while my external hard-drive was still on. External hard drive was not being used at that time as I was planning to eject it and unplug it but my Powerbook stalled, so I restarted the laptop with the Ext. HDD still plugged in. When it came back on up, I didnít see the icon for my external hard-drive anywhere! I panicked, did another shut down and started the laptop up again. Icon for my external hard Ėdrive did not appear even though the light for it was still glowing. So I pulled out the fire wire, and put it back it. Sill no icon. I pulled out the fire-wire, shut down my laptop and started it up again, then inserted the fire-wire of my external hard drive again and still no icon. Help! What can I do? Iíve got all my files and backup in there!

Thank you! I appreciate all help!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« LaCie eSATA PCI Card 710372 -HELP!! | MBP and FW800 LaCie 2big Triple »