New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

New wireless mighty mouse is acting weird

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Xer

Xer is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac Aluminum 24", MacBook White

Hey.

I bought a new wireless mighty mouse a few hours ago and it's been acting strange (physically), the bottom is kinda moving all the time.
I don't know how to describe that so I uploaded a short video:
http://thekopf.com/mm.mov

I had a wired mighty mouse and it wasn't like that at all.

Is it supposed to be like that?

Thanks =]

Erez
QUOTE Thanks
INTELligent

INTELligent can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: Mac Mini

Umm... Did you expect it to be touch sensitive?

That's how it clicks, it's a one button mouse and IMO, it's total crap... Within my first 20 minutes of using the wired Mighty Mouse I ordered, I unplugged it and slung it into the wall across the room. The Mighty Mouse is designed for looks more than functionality, it's overpriced, it's very inaccurate, and only has a one button function. That thing is not worth $49...

When I was using mine, I upped the mouse speed in the system preferences to the max value. I still had to move it a mile to get across the screen, that's just terrible. And, to be an optical mouse and not 'like' the grid surface mouse pad that my MX Revo, G5, G7, and other Logitech mice I have that work well on is just not something I am going to tolerate.

That thing is in its box, in the bottom of my closet, and probably will be trashed soon. It's not broken from where I slung it into the wall, I guess that gives me the ability to brag on its durability. Anyway, 5 minutes after I slung it, I proceeded to go to Best Buy and pick up a Logitech G5, same price as the Mighty Mouse but, the G5 is about 50x better.
QUOTE Thanks
Xer

Well, actually I like the mighty mouse, It's not ok for games and such (that's why I bought myself the Logitech VX Nano with the small receiver) but I like it, cuz it's comfortable and the 360 scrolling makes it really easier for me to edit large photos and graphics.

And actually I found out the product is defected, I need to exchange it tomorrow at best buy

Erez
QUOTE Thanks
powermacj7

powermacj7 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac Duo White

I experienced trouble with the MM as well. One, it is not accurate. Two, I tried different mouse pads, I went back to the wired MM. Of course liked the idea of not having a USB port taken, or an extra wire.
QUOTE Thanks
Xer

I just wanted to say I went to best buy and exchanged the mouse and the new one is not loose at all, it works perfectly, I guess it was a really big defect...

Erez
QUOTE Thanks
iLaw

iLaw is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" (Mid 2010), iPhone 3GS

My mouse does exactly what you show in the video... that's how the mouse clicks.

Re: INTELligent's comment. It is a two button mouse. Although it clicks only one way, the touch sensitive part comes in when you have different finger positions on the mouse. So it only clicks one way but it knows (through the touch sensitivity) what kind of click you intend to do (left, right etc). Of course in user settings, if you want it to be a one button mouse, you can have it be one as well.

Although you do have to crank the mouse speed up, I don't find the wireless one inaccurate at all. I find it more accurate than a wired one (since the wired one is optical, wireless is laser). I play World of Warcraft with my WMM all the time without issue.

iLaw
MacBook Pro 15" (Mid 2010) + White 32GB Rogers iPhone 3GS
2.66 GHz Intel Core i7, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive, Intel HD/512 MB GeForce 330M Graphics, Hi-Res 15" Glossy Screen, Mac OS X v10.6
QUOTE Thanks
Derek

Derek is on a distinguished road

Mine doesn't do that.

I hate the mighty mouse though. The scroller annoys me.
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

On the box it says "single-button looks, mulitbutton charm". Personally, I like the mighty mouse, and makes my ability to access my dashboard and expose easier. I also really like how you can click the scroll button

QUOTE Thanks
Lytheil

Lytheil is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb

Works great for me. I'm rather used to it by now. Takes time to getting used to the scroller and left / right clicks.

QUOTE Thanks
Cappie

Cappie is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, iPod Touch 2g 16GB

I love mine. Unfortunately I left my wireless one in the states so I have to use the wired one until its sent here. But for what I do, the MM works great.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Best Power Supply/Surge Protector? | Logitech G5 mouse »