New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

MacBook - wireless speakers

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

donsie

donsie is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, first post here and I didn't really know where to put it. I have a baseline MacBook and I'm looking for some sort of wireless speakers for it. A friend of mine had mentioned Bluetooth speakers but I can't really find them anywhere. Is there a way I can run external speakers with no wires coming from my Macbook? If so, any suggestions on what to get?
QUOTE Thanks
umang7888

umang7888 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2.5 GHz 2 GB RAM 250 GB HDD NViDA GeForce 8600 GMT

The option with best compatibility with macs which I know of is:

Apple Airport Express..(I personally use this & I'm lovin it)
(Pros: integrates easily into your OSX, also works as a router and print server Cons.: By default it only allows you to send iTunes Audio to the speakers, so you will need another third party app called Airtunes to be able to send all of your system & other applications like VLC or DVD PLayer Audio to the airport express connected speakers)

Alternatively you can also use Logitech Wireless Music system for iPOD

iPod 5.5 Gen Video 30 GB | iPod Classic 80 GB |Airport Express |
MacBook Pro Penryn 2.5 GHz | 2 GB RAM | NVida GeFroce 8600 GMT|
QUOTE Thanks
jesadac

jesadac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MB C2D 2.16, 3gb Ram, 250gb hd, 10.5.3

you can google bluetooth speaker and order some online or look for bluetooth enabled stereos at your local dealer. But A2DP is not all that great when compared to using something like airport express like umang7888 suggested
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Canon Pixma MX850 driver permissions | Which Network external harddrive should I get? Please help »