New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Apple Wireless keyboard, old vs new


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
Xer

 
Xer's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 20, 2007
Location: Palmdale, CA, USA
Posts: 124
Xer is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac Aluminum 24", MacBook White

Xer is offline
Hi.

I would like to know, from your experience (since I never dealt with the older apple keyboard), which u think is more comfortable? the old wireless keyboard or the new one?


Thanks =]


Erez
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

 
dtravis7's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 04, 2005
Location: Modesto, Ca.
Posts: 27,842
dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

dtravis7 is online now
Keyboards are usually a very personal thing.

I much prefer the new series of Aluminum keyboards to the older white plastic ones. Some people though I have talked to feel the reverse. Sorry, I would say try them both, but where you live is there anyplace that sells Apple? I know your area but have not been there in many years.
QUOTE Thanks
Xer

 
Xer's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 20, 2007
Location: Palmdale, CA, USA
Posts: 124
Xer is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac Aluminum 24", MacBook White

Xer is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
Keyboards are usually a very personal thing.

I much prefer the new series of Aluminum keyboards to the older white plastic ones. Some people though I have talked to feel the reverse. Sorry, I would say try them both, but where you live is there anyplace that sells Apple? I know your area but have not been there in many years.
Hehe yeah I know my area is a little trouble with Apple products ^^

But BestBuy has set up an Apple section last month, it's great!

But where can I try the older keyboard? I mean, it's not for sale anymore.


Erez
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

 
dtravis7's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 04, 2005
Location: Modesto, Ca.
Posts: 27,842
dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

dtravis7 is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer View Post
Hehe yeah I know my area is a little trouble with Apple products ^^

But BestBuy has set up an Apple section last month, it's great!

But where can I try the older keyboard? I mean, it's not for sale anymore.
Opps, not thinking. We have a small Mac store here in my city that has some of the older keyboards. I was not thinking that most other places would not. Sorry.

You own a Macbook correct? The new keyboard type very much like the Macbook one while the older ones are more MUSHY feeling to me. I can fly on the new one in comparison.

Glad to hear there is a Best Buy there now and with a Mac section! Cool.
QUOTE Thanks
Xer

 
Xer's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 20, 2007
Location: Palmdale, CA, USA
Posts: 124
Xer is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac Aluminum 24", MacBook White

Xer is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
Opps, not thinking. We have a small Mac store here in my city that has some of the older keyboards. I was not thinking that most other places would not. Sorry.

You own a Macbook correct? The new keyboard type very much like the Macbook one while the older ones are more MUSHY feeling to me. I can fly on the new one in comparison.

Glad to hear there is a Best Buy there now and with a Mac section! Cool.
Oh I got it, cuz actually I got the Aluminum keyboard but the wired one and I don't really like it (cuz of the wires) and I want to get a wireless one.
But really wanted to hear how does the older keyboard feels like.

Its on sale on eBay if anyone is interested ^^
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260253585026

Thanks for you help, most appreciated ^^.


Erez
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« In the market for a multi-button mouse. | Problem with external firewire drive »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
'Stuck' keys on wireless keyboard fruvos Other Hardware and Peripherals 4 04-01-2008 02:52 PM
apple wireless keyboard install pluche17 Apple Desktops 0 11-03-2005 11:24 PM
Apple debuts new wireless mouse, keyboard Murlyn Other Hardware and Peripherals 1 09-16-2003 06:05 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?