New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

mighty mouse right click question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mitch90

mitch90 is on a distinguished road

on the right click for the mouse are you suppose to click all the way on the right of it where you finger is pretty much on the edge and touching the side of the mouse? or is it suppose to be easier than that and if you just click to the right of the scroll wheel it will right click?

because everytime i try to right click i have to keep clicking and moving my finger more right...this kinda frustrates me...is this just how it suppose to be or is there something wrong with my mighty mouse?
QUOTE Thanks
Avenged Origami

Avenged Origami is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: macbook 2.2 ghz , ipod classic 80 gig and ipod nano 4 gig

try ctrl click

"mighty boosh rules" the panda knows best...
QUOTE Thanks
mitch90

the point of setting my right click was so i dont have to do control click anymore...lol
QUOTE Thanks
o8strider8o

o8strider8o is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: macbook l Ipod nano 4gb l ipod classic 80 gb

its just to the right side of the scroll. Make sure it's set up right. i had no problem with it when i set mine up
QUOTE Thanks
mitch90

Quote:
Originally Posted by o8strider8o View Post
its just to the right side of the scroll. Make sure it's set up right. i had no problem with it when i set mine up
got any tips on how to set it up? i just plugged mine into the side of my keyboard
QUOTE Thanks
rich6490

rich6490 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm

Lift up your left finger when you right click and it should work fine.

-Zach, A.C.T.
QUOTE Thanks
o8strider8o

o8strider8o is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: macbook l Ipod nano 4gb l ipod classic 80 gb

preferences>keyboard and mouse>mouse tab

To the right side of it there is a pulldown menu, put that to secondary click.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich6490 View Post
Lift up your left finger when you right click and it should work fine.
This was my experience as well. That part worked fine, I tossed the thing when the ball stopped working regularly.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
goobimama

goobimama is a jewel in the roughgoobimama is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)

Yeah, you have to lift your left finger to right click. Awkward at first, but soon you don't notice it. Although if it bothers you just get a cheap optical mouse and it'll all be done with...
QUOTE Thanks
lukenn77

lukenn77 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook White 2.16GHz 2Gb OS X 10.5, 16Gb iPhone 3G Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
This was my experience as well. That part worked fine, I tossed the thing when the ball stopped working regularly.
shame you tossed it out... often the ball just needs cleaning out. next time it happens (if you have another one) turn the mouse upside down and give it a hard rub on your hand, or on another hard surface. this just gets all the dirt out of it and usually works.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

The Left Finger has to be lifted a bit for a Right Click to register as others have said. Came naturally for me as I always seem to lift my left finger anyway.
QUOTE Thanks
mitch90

k i got it now. how does it know that your finger is still on the left part of the mouse tho? is it that sensitive?
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

It uses Touch Sensitive technology. That is how the MM works. Senses your finger above the capacitive sensor. So if both fingers are there it thinks your on the Left side.

Best way I can word it at this moment anyway!
QUOTE Thanks
RedMatrixXRS

RedMatrixXRS is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.33ghz C2D 4gb Ram

it should look somewhat like this:

use a primary and secondary button.
QUOTE Thanks
TWM

TWM is on a distinguished road

what i did to fix my mighty mouse was as follows.
1. disconnect it from my imac.
2. Through it in the trash can.
3. go to best buy and buy a different mouse.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« External Hard-Drives without AC Power | Canon printer problems. »