New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

MacBook Pro - printer problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Voyager

Voyager is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, MacBook Pro 17"

Hi i just got my Macbook Pro yesterday it is a 2.5ghz, with 4 gigs of ram and ive never had a mac previously, so i am not all that familiar with it. i hooked my mac up to a hp printer and ive loaded the printer disk and it wont print an entire page it starts but will stop half way through and wont print after that. i have to pull the 1/2 printed page out of the printer(i know its not good for the printer but i needed what did print! any help would be great!!!
QUOTE Thanks
FreshPants

FreshPants is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iBook G4, 1.07Ghz, 768 MB / iPod Video / Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
Hi i just got my Macbook Pro yesterday it is a 2.5ghz, with 4 gigs of ram and ive never had a mac previously, so i am not all that familiar with it. i hooked my mac up to a hp printer and ive loaded the printer disk and it wont print an entire page it starts but will stop half way through and wont print after that. i have to pull the 1/2 printed page out of the printer(i know its not good for the printer but i needed what did print! any help would be great!!!
try re-installing said printer software first off.
QUOTE Thanks
TiggerRPh

TiggerRPh is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPants View Post
try re-installing said printer software first off.
That would be the first suggestion....but I've heard that HP printers aren't always the most "Mac Friendly" printers even though they state that they are Mac compatible.

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future."
QUOTE Thanks
don brown

don brown is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerRPh View Post
That would be the first suggestion....but I've heard that HP printers aren't always the most "Mac Friendly" printers even though they state that they are Mac compatible.
Ive got a HP photosmart 3 in 1 model
c3180 and have found a way to save ink just unplug the color cart duh and ignore all the warnings yes HP is not mac friendly
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« ATI radeon x850 pro help | 250GB Verbatim External HD »