New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Moving Itunes movies to Network Drive

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DeadPenguin

DeadPenguin is on a distinguished road

I am running out of HD space on my iMac 2.0 with 250gb HD. I would like to move the contents of my iTunes movie folder to my 500gb Time Capsule. (I swore I wouldn't buy one...still did)

I have 70 movies from my DVD collection ripped for AppleTV taking up 140GB's of my HD space. I would like to move these files from iTunes Music\Movies to Time Capsule\Movies. I know it is going to take a while to get them copied over the network. (test file took 3 minutes at 2+ GB.) Once I delete them from iTunes Music\Movies do I have to drag them all back into iTunes?

Is there an easier way to do this?

Regards,
Blair
QUOTE Thanks
DeadPenguin

DeadPenguin is on a distinguished road

I copied the movies as stated above. Once copied deleted the movies from iTunes.
unchecked the "copy on itunes". Then I drug everything back into iTunes. File transfer took 3 or so hours. My appletv's are streaming the movies fine.
Done. I now have 150gb of space to fill back up.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Internal Vs External Hard Drive | OWC Neptune ExHD »