New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

which direct to dvd printer/media

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

videojoey

videojoey is on a distinguished road

Greetings,

New here and came across your wonderful site... I've googled to death this question...

I have a Jazz performance that I just filmed and put to DVD. The client wants 20 or so DVDs and I would like suggestions for a printer, software and DVD media that allows me to print directly to DVD (no sticky labels) from my 1st generation (intel chip) iMac running OS 10.4....

I already have a great DVD duplicator!!!

I will be doing additional DVD's from time to time so I'm willing to spend a little $$$ but simplicity is the key for integrating and making the labels as I am "graphically" challenged... :-)

Thanks,

Joe
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.8 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.5.8; G4 eMac 1.25, 2 Gb, OS 10.4.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by videojoey View Post
I will be doing additional DVD's from time to time so I'm willing to spend a little $$$ but simplicity is the key for integrating and making the labels as I am "graphically" challenged... :-)
What about iWinSoft Label Maker? http://www.apple.com/downloads/macos...kerformac.html
It operates in Demo mode until you register it, so is limited until then. I think it's a 'sticky label' type because the list of options in one of the panes shows brand names like Avery. I ceased trying to use it, preferring the felt pen approach. Not professional of course.

See also http://www.smileonmymac.com/DiscLabel/
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread88834.html

I think you want to print directly on to a disk, right? Don't you need a special disk printer for that? Might be cheaper to have the blank disks pre-printed before you burn them.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Bluetooth Keyboard | Formatting external drive for Time Machine and Windows »