New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Bluetooth Keyboard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Moe_Syzlak

Moe_Syzlak is on a distinguished road

I have a bluetooth MS keyboard and mouse that I've been using for years. I recently got a Mac Mini and while they both work, I have trouble keeping the keyboard connected. The keyboard seems to go to sleep after about five minutes of inactivity (which is understandable to conserve battery) and disconnects. This would be fine if, like the mouse, "waking it up" reconnected it. But I have to go into Bluetooth preferences on the Mac to reconnect every time this happens. Very annoying. Anything I can do?
QUOTE Thanks
mac0s9user

mac0s9user is a jewel in the roughmac0s9user is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.

I would check for mac drivers for it. Otherwise you might not be able to change it's settings
QUOTE Thanks
Moe_Syzlak

Where do I check? The keyboard is a MS Keyboard Elite for Bluetooth, model: 1002. Someone pointed me to SteerMouse to be able to change the settings on the mouse that came in the same set. Is there something similar for keyboards? I have searched hugh and low on the MS site, but they certainly don't make it easy to find Mac drivers.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

You can get the os x microsoft drivers here

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo.../Download.mspx

mine works fine and never drops the connection
QUOTE Thanks
Moe_Syzlak

Quote:
Originally Posted by louishen View Post
You can get the os x microsoft drivers here

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo.../Download.mspx

mine works fine and never drops the connection
I found that. But where it asks you to select your OS, there is only XP and Vista, no Mac. Should I DL the version of Vista or XP? Also, doing a web search for IntelliType software only turns up versions up to Mac OS 10.4 and my Mini has 10.5.2.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS X.10

Go to box 1, complete, then box 2 choosing your Mac product/s and Mac OS comes up automatically in box three and continue
QUOTE Thanks
Moe_Syzlak

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
Go to box 1, complete, then box 2 choosing your Mac product/s and Mac OS comes up automatically in box three and continue
It doesn't. Here is what I am doing:

- Box 1: choosing keyboard
- Box 2: choosing Keyboard Elite for Bluetooth
- Box 3: it only gives me three options (Vista 32, Vista 64 and XP)

Is it possible that the site is determining what OS I have and there is no driver for this device for the Mac OS 10.5.2?
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe_Syzlak View Post

Is it possible that the site is determining what OS I have and there is no driver for this device for the Mac OS 10.5.2?
Same here.
QUOTE Thanks
Moe_Syzlak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe_Syzlak View Post

Post-holiday bump.

Am I SOL?
QUOTE Thanks
Moe_Syzlak

No one?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problem installing Leopard with external HD | which direct to dvd printer/media »