New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

G4 800MHZ vga main display?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Hauty9

Hauty9 is on a distinguished road

This is my first time posting a question. I have a Power mac G4 800MHZ. I want to hook it up to my new Samsung LCD but when I use the vga port my computer thinks I want to see dual monitors instead of the vga being the only monitor. The other port is the ADC port.
I have no idea what to do at this point.....I've tried everything and am stumped....Please help if anyone knows.
Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
mcjacksonnelson

mcjacksonnelson has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2.53 Intel Core Duo Mac Mini; 4g RAM; 350g HD, OS 10.6.3

i believe if you go to you System Preferences>Displays, you can turn on "Monitor Mirroring". Or click "Detect Displays" and see what happens.

"You can't fight in here, this is the war room!"

CONSTRUCTIV Art & Design
QUOTE Thanks
Hauty9

Hauty9 is on a distinguished road

I tried doing the monitor mirror but then when I try to go full screen with a quicktime video it gets confused and thinks I want to go full screen with both monitors......Also when I shut the computer off and turn it back on the tv will work on the log in screen and then all of a sudden the tv will say mode not supported. So then I shut it back down and hook up the adc so now the tv and apple display are hooked up and the tv works fine.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Unplugged External without Ejecting- Now What | iMac Keyboard #s Pad Won't Work in Windows »