New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

iMac - wired mouse problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

salbrink

salbrink is on a distinguished road

just bought an new iMac with a wired mouse. It works ok most of the time and then jumps on the screen. (will jump from one place to another on or off screen for no reason) Diagnostics with Apple concluded that the mouse was bad so they sent me a new one, now the new one is jumping too. Is there something wrong with these mice? Could both mice have been bad or is it something else? OS or computer itself. I have a logitech wireless that seems to work ok but the mouse from apple doesn't. Any suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
xcapepr

xcapepr is on a distinguished road

Mice can get cranky depending on the surface they are used (not perfectly straight, glossy or unregular). Test it using it on top of plain printer paper on a flat surface.

iMac 24' Penryn - 2.8Ghz, 1TB Seagate Baracuda ES.2, 4GB OCZ PC-6400
MacBook Pro 15' Memron - 2.2Ghz, 250GB WD Scorpio, 4GB OCZ PC-5300
iPhone 3G 16GB
QUOTE Thanks
PsYkOoOoO

PsYkOoOoO is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbrink View Post
just bought an new iMac with a wired mouse. It works ok most of the time and then jumps on the screen. (will jump from one place to another on or off screen for no reason) Diagnostics with Apple concluded that the mouse was bad so they sent me a new one, now the new one is jumping too. Is there something wrong with these mice? Could both mice have been bad or is it something else? OS or computer itself. I have a logitech wireless that seems to work ok but the mouse from apple doesn't. Any suggestions?
This happens to me as well every once in a while, but I have never suspected it to be anything faulty with the mouse, just a random glitch I suppose. I got this wired mouse since December last year, and it is still working fine for me. It still jumps, but it's a minor problem personally.
QUOTE Thanks
tsowards@cox.ne

tsowards@cox.ne is on a distinguished road

I too am having the same problem. Purchase a new iMac in February. Just thought the mouse jumping was just a glitch and nusance. I should contact Apple to correct. Have gone on their Support site and have not found any reports about it. I did find your post by Googling "iMac mouse jumps" Let us know if problem gets solved.
Tom
QUOTE Thanks
dasha

dasha is on a distinguished road

I also have the same problem with the Mac M.Mouse. It happens after my 6 months old aluminium 20" IMac using "Leopard" has been running for several hours.
I have tried cordless Logitech bluetooth and USB micro with the same result.
These same devices don't have the problem on a Windows PC. This to me means it must be the OS or the computer??
Has anybody had this happen on a earlier Mac using a different OS??
QUOTE Thanks
Gerard Teo

Gerard Teo is on a distinguished road

I need help and advice as the mouse pointer occasionally jumps around on its own and the open files flies all over the screen. I sent my computer to Apple support and they could not find anything wrong with it. My computer is the 20" Intel iMac about 2.5 yrs old.

I thought it was a problem with the wired mighty mouse - killed 3 already - in that the scroll button only scrolls page down but not up after sometime of perfect normal use.

Oh, I thought it is only the wired mouse, however my Apple Blue Tooth normal mouse also experience glitches.

Any solutions from anyone?

I am from Sydney, Australia. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
faithinsanity

faithinsanity is on a distinguished road

Is anyone else having scroll problems with their corded mouse? Mine will scroll side to side but it wont scroll up and down. Does anyone know a fix to this or must I go grovel at the apple store for assistance?
QUOTE Thanks
donkeyshed

donkeyshed is on a distinguished road

Did you get this problem fixed? I hope so, as it was quite some time ago! Only asking because I have what sounds like an identical problem and at the moment my mac is virtually unuseable. How did you fix this problem?
Any advice would be warmly welcomed.
Thanks
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MediaCenter | Erasing free disk space »