New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

iChat AV for normal recording?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Maxp0wer2004

Can an iChat AV can be used to record video normally?

By "normally" i mean not for video chat, just for recording a video and keeping it on the hard drive or burning to a DVD.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

No iChatAV does not but iMovie can record straight from the iSight

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
Maxp0wer2004

Since almost every Mac accessory starts with "i-something" i got confused. I thought iChat AV was the name of the camera.

So, since i am getting an iBook with an iSight, i will be able to record videos.

Another question: The videos i record are not time limited(like 15 seconds on a cell phone), its limited by hard drive space, right?

I am asking all these pointless questions because i dont know much about Mac, and i want to use the iBook & iSight as a camera when i go on vacation.(Just thought i would clear that up)
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

yes it is limited by your computers hard drive size not by small time increments.

iSight is the name of the camera
iChatAV is the program that uses AIM/ICQ and allows you to have video chats
iMovie is the video editing program that can record directly from the iSight

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
Maxp0wer2004

Ok. Thanks for the help. I cant believe i got help in 15 minutes, when in a live chat room about mac nobody helped at all.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

You can get the free Quicktime Broadcaster app and record to that from the iSight. I've never done it personally, but I know people who have.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

I use GCcam, you can get it on MacMice.com, I think.

Edit: http://www.macmice.com/GCam.SIT
QUOTE Thanks
kcfoxie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute Zero
I use GCcam, you can get it on MacMice.com, I think.

Edit: http://www.macmice.com/GCam.SIT
They've taken it off their website. I've lost my copy and my backup, does anyone else have a second download link or can otherwise help me find this freeware?!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« DVD Players with HD DVD's | Could it be DOA? »