New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Help with flash drive

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ash84

Ash84 is on a distinguished road

I want to use my flash drive to transfer music, I was transferring music ok until today. It will only allow me to transfer one song at a time as apposed to 10 albums +. I think I may need to reformat it but don't see anything that tells me where to. It is a sandisk micro U3 1gb. Any help is appreciated as I am going away tomorrow and want to bring some music with me.

Kind regards,
Ash
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

*Moved thread to appropriate forum - Not just anything goes in Anything Goes*
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4

Plug in and see if it is recognized in Disk Utility,. You can format from there by selecting the icon in the left column.

When you have music on the flash drive and want to remove it, you have to trash it AND EMPTY TRASH whilst the drive is still connected, otherwise does not remove items. Could this be the trouble?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« USB hard drive connected to an AirPort Extreme and Time Machine | External Hard Drive? »