New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

External Drive Issue

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Weird Fish

Weird Fish will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" Matte 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Sorry about starting yet another External Drive thread, but I searched through a good deal of the other ones and I didn't see anything like my problem.

The family computer upstairs is a Windows XP machine. My Dad bought a 500GB Lacie External Drive to backup the F drive, because that's the drive that has all the music and documents that are important. The total size of the F drive is 183GB. I myself have a 160GB Maxtor External Drive for my MacBook Pro, which I use mostly for Time Machine, and a little partition for movies.

I want to take advantage of the fact that there is 283GB of free space on the Lacie Drive, by creating a partition of my own to put movies and whatnot on.

When I pull up Disk Utility, I see this:

Here's what I want my partition setup to look like:

Now, is there anyway to simply make my partition on the Lacie drive without erasing anything from the Windows backup?

Thanks everyone.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« password problem | Advice on Speakers »