New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - Can't Log In

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mflorah

Mflorah is on a distinguished road

Here's everythin that happened. Everytime I tried to install a program, it would asl for the administrator password and I didn't know it. So finally I read online how to reset it by getting the install disc and going to Utilities, reset password and all that. So I did that and changed y password. Then I restarted the computer and it took me to the login screen and the password that I changed it to doesn't work! Now not only can I not nstall programs, I can't do anything. I'm stuck at the login screen and everytime i put in the password, the box just vibrates. Please tell me what to do, I want to use my computer!
QUOTE Thanks
torvold

torvold is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac 2.16ghz, 2gb, 256MB

um, your best bet is to remember your old password. You could re-install OSX BUT YOU WILL LOOSE ALL THE INFORMATION ON YOUR HARD DRIVE FOREVER and it will not be recoverabale. if you didn't encrypt your HD then I think there are ways to get the info off if it but I think its very techincal and I don't know how. The only other thing I can think of is if you can put your OS CD in and run sum utility but im just speculating I doubt that would help. I would google search a more technical website unless someone here knows alot more about this than I do.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« very strange desktop/mouse movement | MacBook sleeping with not attached to external monitor »