New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus ē Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts ē Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Leopard Trash Issue

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jimb930

jimb930 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo; 2 GB Ram, 320 GB HDD

My trash icon keeps indicating that the trash is full when there are no items listed. I have tried relaunching finder, emptying the trash (multiple times), secure emptying the trash, and a couple of command line things that didn't work. Any thoughts? Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
ismouton

ismouton is on a distinguished road

It might be a permissions problem. If you can give me the output of "ls -lh ~/.Trash/ ls;ls -ldh ~/.Trash/" (with no quotes of course), I may be able to help you diagnose a problem.

EDIT: let me be more concise. Issue that command in the terminal. To open a terminal hit command space, type terminal, and hit enter to open it.
QUOTE Thanks
rohan

rohan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz Quad i7, 16GB | 27" iMac 3.1 GHz Core i5 12GB| OS X.9.3 | iPhone 4 iOS 7.1.1

i think i know what may be causing this...had the same issue a few days ago...you may have some issues with an external drive...incase yo have any eject them & your trash should say ts empty...however it will return once you re-plug it...you need to locate the files causing the error....mine was a folder called "found 001" or something like thati just deleted that & my problem was fixed...it may just be the same for you...hope this helps...

(i have a feeling it was created when i ran a verify/repair command from disk utility on my ext. drive)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« drivers? | Spaces and MS Office »