New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - 2 applications suddenly not working! Help!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

heavenlychoirs

heavenlychoirs is on a distinguished road

Hi, I am puzzled as to why 2 applications are no longer working. One is called Handbrake which converts mp4 files to avi, will open but when I click to get the source file to convert it just makes a mac computer noise and does nothing, won't allow me to get a file to start converting. The other program is Newtoolz which when converting RAR files into avi keeps stopping at the first file to convert and says 'error'. These 2 programmes used to work fine. I don't know what has happened. Also I have done a disk repair permission on the hard disk. Do I have a virus? I only used the computer for downloading movies and going on the internet. I have tried downloading the programs again and nothing changes. Can anyone help. I have a macbook, 2 ghz processor and osx 10.4.11.
QUOTE Thanks
jaybass

jaybass is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: imac OS 10.5.8

I can send you the above software by email. This software is very good but it is not for RAR

jaybass;
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenlychoirs View Post
The other program is Newtoolz which when converting RAR files into avi keeps stopping at the first file to convert and says 'error'.
You don't convert RAR files to AVI. RAR is a compression format like Zip or SIT. You might try using UnRarX to uncompress.
Don't know why Handbrake wont work.
Just curious as to why you want to convert to a non-native format like AVI?

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Safari Cache | sync itunes music to flash drive +imac g4 »