New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - Need help with .iso

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

me399

me399 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" MacBookPro 2.33 GHz, 2 GB Ram 160 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 750 GB External HDD

Hi everyone.

I have a few .iso programs on my mac that I dont understand how to use. I was told to use a iso program to burn them to a disc or cd and when that was done I could put the disc in my mac and it would run. How do I do this. Do I need a special program. A little walkthrough would really help guys. Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
MacsWork

MacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really nice
Mac Specs: Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3

Mount the iso with /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility

You'll see a disk show up on the left hand side of a Finder window. You will be able to browse the disk at this point.
QUOTE Thanks
me399

Mac Specs: 17" MacBookPro 2.33 GHz, 2 GB Ram 160 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 750 GB External HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacsWork View Post
Mount the iso with /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility

You'll see a disk show up on the left hand side of a Finder window. You will be able to browse the disk at this point.
This is not working for me or I am doing something wrong. Let me explain further.

I have a program that I have on my desktop that I want to install but it is an .iso file. I was told to burn it to a disc first than all I need to do was pop it back into my mac and it would work like a normal program install disc. This is what I need to do. I have the Disc utility (of course) and I also have toast titanium so a good walk through with either of these (preferably toast, heard it was eaiser but either will be great) would be much appreciated, I really need to get this program up and running.

Thanks again for helping this newbie.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Have you tried selecting the image in the disk utility application and then select mount?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
me399

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post
Have you tried selecting the image in the disk utility application and then select mount?
No I have not, Like I said, I am pretty new to this. If I do that what do I do next to install?
QUOTE Thanks
AlyciaAnimation

AlyciaAnimation has a spectacular aura about

You might even be able to just double click the iso image and install whatever it is right from the mounted disk without having to burn it to an actual cd first. It's worth a try.

But if you still need to burn it to a cd/dvd here's a link explaining. It's a pretty simple process.

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...60619181010389
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac OS X Firewall | Default Path on Front Row »