New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Lost Bluetooth Preferences in Leopard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kman79

kman79 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" 2.4GHz MBP

I'm hoping someone can help me. Last night, my DiNovo Edge Keyboard stopped recognizing my key inputs. I looked up at the screen at the Bluetooth icon and there was a squiggly line across it. Checked preferences and there was no BT under hardware. At this point I just restarted it, and when it booted up all was fine.

Well this morning I went to check again, and I have no bluetooth preferences! BUT, bluetooth is working, for now. I search in Spotlight and in Finder for Bluetooth Preferences and I have yet been able to locate it. I tried restarting once more, but that hasn't solved the issue. Also, nothing happens or nothing shows up when selecting "Open Bluetooth Preference" from the Drop Down Menu on the Bluetooth Icon.

Bluetooth is working for now, but I would like to have my BT preferences back. I rely in Bluetooth heavily since I tether my phone with my MacBook Pro a lot when I'm not home.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated. I would hate to have to reinstall Leopard just for the BT Preference.

MacBook Pro + 24" (2407WFP) HTC Kaiser Nikon D80 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED 50mm f/1.4D
QUOTE Thanks
Soulwar

Soulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5

You could always use Pacifist to get what you need from the Install disk.
http://www.charlessoft.com/

When all else fails, try everything!
The Rep System and you.
Life's a joke...If you're not laughing, then you didn't get it.

June 2008

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Leopard Erase/Install | mouse/cursor problem »