New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Screen problem new Mac Pro

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kissmyblarney

kissmyblarney is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

I have just bough the new mac book pro and im having a problem with the screen refresh.

As I scroll down a web page, or a menu in my hard drive for example, lines of text on the page a repeated and stick on the screen. Its very difficult to really explain whats happening but I have taken some screen shots which illustrate exactly whats happening. This is really horrible, what should I do about it?

This problem also occurs while watching clips on you tube or when loading a web page. If im watching a clip and move my cursor, the screen starts blinking, with white patches appearing mostly on the youtube player screen - this is very strange & annoying

I have also found that im stalling alot- this is MAKING ME PINK IN THE FACE big time, I expected alot more, considering the amount of money Ive just spent.

Kindest regards,

Rob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SHOT8.jpg (431.3 KB, 25 views)
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

what version of Firefox are you using, I have no problems with that page with Firefox 2.0

How new is the macbook and what version of leopard is it using
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

*Moved thread to appropriate forum - Probably has to do with software OS X or OS X application - Tech question -> Not just anything goes in Anything Goes*
QUOTE Thanks
kissmyblarney

Hi,

Its about 3 weeks old and I have 10.5.2 (I Think) I got the lates update last week sometime, I also have the graphics update that came after that download.
QUOTE Thanks
kissmyblarney

Im not using firefox, im using Safari, and It happens on all pages. It doesnt just happen on internet pages either it happens all the time.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

It looks like you are having some sort of graphics rendering problem. Try creating a new user and see if the problem continues to occur on that account. Let us know what happens and we'll go from there.

Did this problem occur before you applied the latest updates, or only since then?
QUOTE Thanks
kissmyblarney

Ill try that. To be honest I think it only started when the new updates were installed.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissmyblarney View Post
Ill try that. To be honest I think it only started when the new updates were installed.
It quite likely did. Someone else had some graphics issues when they applied the updates also. You may be stuck with a reinstall, but we can go through the motions to try and avoid it first.

If the problem continues to occur with the new user, then reboot using the OS X install DVD and run the hardware test to make sure the hardware is OK. Make sure nothing is plugged in except a standard keyboard and mouse.

If the hardware is all OK, then boot back to OS X and install Onyx. Run that and go through its full set of maintenance utilities. Let's see if that works out.

Now... if the problem does NOT occur with the new user, then report back and we'll go a different route.
QUOTE Thanks
kissmyblarney

Hey, problem solved - new Mac on the way. Thanks for the help, hopefully I wont be needing it again!

Regards,

Rob
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Burning audio CDs and DVDs | Please help did search! Sorry it's long! »