New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Error copying files to Win2K3 file server

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mikemedendorp

Hello!

I'm a PC admin at a company with 1 Mac, a G4 450...

I've just upgraded the OS to 10.2.8 and I need help getting all the files and folders that are on the MacHD to a Win2k3 file server...

When I try to copy a folder, I get the following error message: "The operation cannot be completed because one or more required items cannot be found. (Error code -120)."
When I try to copy a file, I get the same message, except the error code is -43.

I can connect to the file server and see all the files... I even created a folder on the file server using the Mac, so I don't think connectivity is the problem...

I would like help getting these files off of the Mac, on to a file server that gets backed up nightly...

I would appreciate any help!
Thanks!
Mike M.
QUOTE Thanks
mikemedendorp

Does anyone know if upgrading to 10.3.5 will make my problem go away???

If anyone knows, please let me know, so I can see about getting the upgrade...

Thanks,
Mike M.
QUOTE Thanks
btalon

I've got 12 Macs here and I had to move over 80,000 files from an NT Server over to a 2003 Server using a Mac (to keep the integrity of the Mac file, when I moved files from the pc, a Mac was no longer able to use it) and I ran across this all the time. The only way to get around it was to drill down inside the folder and move smaller chuncks of files at a time. Sometimes I would have to drill down to the specific file causing the error and move it by itself. I never did find any cause for this.
QUOTE Thanks
jonkovach

I know it's been almost two years on this, but I am getting this problem and I cannot find a work around for it.
I am running two G5's, and one of them never gets this problem, and one gets it daily. There are no differences whatsoever that I can see.
I tried switching ethernet ports and everything else, but to no avail.

If anyone has a solution for this, PLEASE help!!!! I'm desperate!

Thanks,
Jon
QUOTE Thanks
deus_ex_machina

deus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9

see if this thread helps: Connecting to a Win2K3 fileserver
QUOTE Thanks
AngelinaZatex

AngelinaZatex is on a distinguished road

Path Too Long | Filename too long | Filename is too long | Path too long utility
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Linux for old mac | Can I allocate more memory to a specific application »