New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - bootcamp will not work...please help!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

icywings8

icywings8 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Macbook 2.2 GHz, 1 GB RAM, 8x Superdrive

I have a legal copy of windows and everything, but I cannot even get to that step of bootcamp. I'll start it up, it will start partitioning, and then I get a kernel panic. I have to restart, and then when I check my hdd, some GB were lost, but it wasn't finished so I cannot find out how to get those GBs back.
I really want to get this to work, but bootcamp always fails for some odd reason. Please help if you can
~Sean
QUOTE Thanks
Soulwar

Soulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5

First, I would use Disk Utility and Verify and Repair disk if needed.
Could you go into Console and post part of the log involved with the Kernel panic?
You may need to do an Erase and Install, if the hard drive isn't cooperating with you...

See if this link will help with Boot Camp. (don't have it myself)
http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/

When all else fails, try everything!
The Rep System and you.
Life's a joke...If you're not laughing, then you didn't get it.

June 2008

QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

I would like to add here that you should make sure your Windows install disk had Service Pack 2 applied to it already. If it doesn't, then it won't work.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Question about timemachine. | Hidden files »