New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

MacBook Pro - no Mac OS X with Mac Book Pro ?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kenk

kenk is on a distinguished road

hello,

I bought a Mac Book Pro a few months back (just after release of Mac OS X 10.5). With my Mac machine I've received cd with suppose to be Mac OS X 10.5 as there wasn't enough time to install it on the machine.
By default OS 10.4 has been installed.
My OS stoped working sometime ago (it was my fault) so I've decided to reinstall it. I've chosen option of backup the old system (to keep my data) but, prbably due to disk capacity, this installation failed. So I decided to format my disk and install fresh copy of the OS.

Unfortunatelly it turned out that cd is just OS upgrade from 10.4 to 10.5 and because I've broken my previous system I'm unable to install anything right now ?
I'm without a OS and machine is completely useless :-(

I had been almost sure that I bought Mac OS X 10.5 with my machine. I was waiting with buying this machine esspecially becouse OS X 10.5.

What shall I do now ?
Was someone tricked me ?
Can I go to an Apple Store and demand a cpy os the OS ?

Help!
kenk
QUOTE Thanks
theonegod

theonegod has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro

Open the white box that came with your MAC titled "Everything Else" and in it you will have your 10.4 install CDs. Install 10.4 and then install the 10.5 upgrade disk.
QUOTE Thanks
kenk

kenk is on a distinguished road

You're right!
The process can take a while (install 10.4 and upgrade it to 10.5) but at least I don't have to spend extra money.

Thanks for quick answer!
kenk
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Firewire Question... | long beep at startup »