Exclamation Error installing OS 10.0.3
    After a long battle with my Mac regarding frequent crashes, freezes, and general application misbehaviour, I decided to reformat my Hard Drive, the two partitions included (one contained OSX and the other OS9). I have successfully managed to install OS 9.2 on both new partitions, but just canít install OSX. I am trying from a 10.0.3 CD, as it is the only boot disk I have, but near the end of the installation, it says that there is an error and I should try to reinstall. I have tried over and over, nothing works. Thanks for any help what so ever, I'm getting desperate!

Apple gave free upgrades to 10.1 for owners of 10.0." This is because Apple sort of stuffed it up. So, get a free upgrade, and I think that would include a new disk? Or did they expect you to download they upgrade? Anyways, if they give you a new disk, or upgrade your current disk for you, there is no worry.

Maybe, but it's not normal that the installation doesn't even finish properly, is it?

I don't think so, but if you get a new disk, it might still fix the problem since the problem might have been the 10.0.3 installation disk was scratched. So if you get 10.1, you get a new disk, well at least I think you get a new disk. Plus, there must have been something REALLY wrong with 10.0 for Apple to exchange the OS with a new one. It takes alot for that to happen.

Thread Information