justink31
    Question Application has unexpectedly quit. Help
    I have an iBook and i've never really had any software problems with it before (hardware is another story). I was using Safari when all of a sudden when I went back to my desktop my dock would not come up and in the middle of my screen and had a black and white circle icon (like the one that comes up during startup). So, I restarted and now when I try to start the following programs Entourage, Safri, Internet Explorer, Netscape. they say "Application has unexpectedly quit....the system is however, taking a long time to start up, last time it took about 10 mins to start. How do I fix this problem without having to reformat the whole thing.

System Information:
    iBook
    OS X 10.2.8
    640MB ram
    800 MHz PowerPC G3

Any help would be great.
    Thanks.

HERES IN UPDATE:
    SITTING HERE HAVING TO USE MY PC AND MY IBOOKS SCREEN SAVER TRIED TO COME ON, BUT WHEN IT DID I NOTICED THAT IT DIDN'T START. WENT TO CHANGE IT AND THE PROGRAM QUITS ON ME TOO.

justink31
    Quote Originally Posted by justink31
    I have an iBook and i've never really had any software problems with it before (hardware is another story). I was using Safari when all of a sudden when I went back to my desktop my dock would not come up and in the middle of my screen and had a black and white circle icon (like the one that comes up during startup). So, I restarted and now when I try to start the following programs Entourage, Safri, Internet Explorer, Netscape. they say "Application has unexpectedly quit....the system is however, taking a long time to start up, last time it took about 10 mins to start. How do I fix this problem without having to reformat the whole thing.

System Information:
    iBook
    OS X 10.2.8
    640MB ram
    800 MHz PowerPC G3

Any help would be great.
    Thanks.

HERES IN UPDATE:
    SITTING HERE HAVING TO USE MY PC AND MY IBOOKS SCREEN SAVER TRIED TO COME ON, BUT WHEN IT DID I NOTICED THAT IT DIDN'T START. WENT TO CHANGE IT AND THE PROGRAM QUITS ON ME TOO.
    **I hate MAC's and im switching my office 100% over to Windows...atleast their message boards are friendly......**

m1k
    **I hate MAC's and im switching my office 100% over to Windows...atleast their message boards are friendly......**
    *gasps*!

Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
    Well, I cannot solve your problem, because I'm not qualified to do so.

But I can tell you that, if your iBook wasn't having those problems(which is rare that it is) you wouldn't be switching back....

Before you go make a rather silly decision(going back to Windoze) get the iBook running like its supposed to...Then make a judgement if your staying with us!

Matt
    reinstall. I doubt that there is a quick fix.

Thread Information