New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Bypassing password

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

blackflag

blackflag is on a distinguished road

I have a 6 year old IMAC and I can't remember the user name and password - which means I can't access all my stuff on there. The mac people said I need a copy of OSX 10.1 or 10.2 the restore disks which they no longer sell (I'm not sure which version I have).

Does anybody know a different way of bypassing the username/password security so I can get my files off the hard-drive (I would consider any option due to the sentimental nature of the stuff on the drive) or,

Would anybody know where I can get the system restore disks from?

Thank you very much.
QUOTE Thanks
Greyspot Design

Greyspot Design is on a distinguished road

the only thing i can say is take out the hard drive and put it into the new machine or use it as an external drive.

im not sure how youd access the drive on that machine as i am not too familiar with them.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Try this:
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Macintosh...word-Way-2.htm

or this:
http://search.ebay.com/search/search...fsoo%3D1&fgtp=
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

*Moved thread to appropriate forum - Not just anything goes in Anything Goes*
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Folder View Options Dilema | Reinstalling Mac OS Problem »