Specs:
    27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
    Can't boot from Leopard DVD, what am I doing wrong??
    Everything I have read in other threads says I need to hold down C at startup to boot from the Leopard DVD, but when I try that it boots from the HD anyway and then I get stuck with the Leopard install process.

What am I doing wrong???
    "Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"

Specs:
    15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
    Well, you are correct in that you should be holding C when booting. Have you tried going into System Preferences > Startup Disk and selecting the CD from there?
    Mac users swear by their computers. PC users swear at their computers.

isn't Leopard just an install disc?

Specs:
    well, I finally got to disk utility in DVD boot. I went through the instruction to erase my HD, but it's not erasing from what I see. It just quickly says" preparing to erase" then "mounting disk". After that it still shows the same amount of disk when it should say 0.
    "Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"

MacHeadCase
    Did you give Apple a Call? Sounds like a faulty DVD to me. Or take it back to the Apple store, ask them to look at it.

I wonder if overall quality in the commercial media is top notch. I bought DiskWarrior 4 and got it finally before New Year's: when I try to boot from the CD, it makes my iMac G5 throw such a fit, it kernel panics immediately. I am doing tests, on and off and am in contact with Alsoft. There are just a few things left to verify and if it still keeps up this way, I will ask Alsoft if I can return this CD and get a new copy. On the surface, there are circular scratches and I cannot wash them off. Betcha the reading is affected by those scratches.

Specs:
    ok I feel like an idiot. I finally got it to do what I wanted. I didn't realize when you tell it to erase or format, it doesn't do so in the traditional sense to the word. I had to go into swcuirty options for that. Everything should be fine now.

Specs:
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MacHeadCase View Post
    Did you give Apple a Call? Sounds like a faulty DVD to me. Or take it back to the Apple store, ask them to look at it.

I wonder if overall quality in the commercial media is top notch. I bought DiskWarrior 4 and got it finally before New Year's: when I try to boot from the CD, it makes my iMac G5 throw such a fit, it kernel panics immediately. I am doing tests, on and off and am in contact with Alsoft. There are just a few things left to verify and if it still keeps up this way, I will ask Alsoft if I can return this CD and get a new copy. On the surface, there are circular scratches and I cannot wash them off. Betcha the reading is affected by those scratches.
    If he can boot and launch the utility, it's probably not the disc...

What does the "Used capacity" say?
    You don't have to go the Disk utility route anyway.

If you click the "options" button during the install, you can choose to "Erase & Install" Leopard.

MacHeadCase
    DOH! I read in the opening post he couldn't boot from the DVD, it went directly to the HD instead.

Specs:
    Imac 27", 3.3GHz, 16GB memory, macOS Sierra.
    MHC I was also battling with Alsoft. Struth v. 4 is s-l-o-w. On my G4 it takes about twelve minutes to boot. They need to do some work on this as it is not as near as efficient as v. 3 is.

Specs:
    Ok guys, one more problem with Time Machine. I named my computer the same as I had before, but when I went to migrate my info from Time Machine, it didn't like that both names were the same, so it made me rename my Time Machine account. So now I have 2 admin accounts: one has all my backed up info loaded into it, but I can't access the Time Machine info from before, and the other has the Time Machine info, but it won't let me "go back in time" anyway! I may have to call support on this one, but if anyone has experience restoring with Time Machine, I would appreciate some help.

Specs:
    iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
    Quote Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
    MHC I was also battling with Alsoft. Struth v. 4 is s-l-o-w. On my G4 it takes about twelve minutes to boot. They need to do some work on this as it is not as near as efficient as v. 3 is.
    My version 4 is fine ...... but I can't compare with 3 as I haven't used it before.
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."
    MaDDoG's Photo Gallery - http://mcarfa.smugmug.com/

MacHeadCase
    Quote Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
    DiskWarrior now compatible with Leopard.

Thread Information