New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Leopard Install woes...

Thread Closed

blacstarr7

blacstarr7 is on a distinguished road

Greetings all,

Ok, so I'm trying to upgrade to Leopard from 10.4. I don't have the install disk, I have the .dmg of the install and need to put it on a disk to run it. I've made numerous dual layer coasters trying to do it right and none seem to work.

I've burned to a DVD with the file as a .dmg, .cdr, .iso nothing seems to work. When the disk is done I re-insert it in the drive (I'm working on an intel iMac) and it shows the files on the disk just like an official Leopard disk with the install file, optionals and instructions folders.

So I double click on the install and I get a welcome screen and I'm told to restart to begin. So I do. Nothing. I do so again holding down the C key. Nothing. The only difference I notice in starting up is that before the apple icon pops up on that initial gray screen, is a folder icon with a question mark in its center pops up for a split second, then the apple logo pops up and it boots as normal.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for any insight.
Lordedmond

Lordedmond is on a distinguished road

You are not buying the disk from apple, thats the reason it wont work
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

As was stated, in order to upgrade your system to 10.5 (leopard). You will need to purchase a full install media. That is the only way to get to 10.5. Once that is done, you can down load the 10.5.1 update and install it

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
MacHeadCase

Wow! You just joined and you didn't read the forum rules...

Thread Closed

« Connecting to my iMac via the Internet | text size of MacBook v MacBook Pro »