New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

MacBook - Urgent, Help Needed

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

theWalrus

theWalrus is on a distinguished road

Was clearing up my desktop and deleted a screenshot of something very important on accident. Is there any way to get this back?
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

i know this may be a stupid question, but did you empty your trash yet? and if not, did you look there?

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
theWalrus

I did. I was about to load the screenshot into Photobucket for safekeeping, saw the clutter on the desktop, reckoned the screenshot, being new, would have gone to the other side, and grabbed a whole bunch of stuff and stuck in the trash, then deleted. Went to upload the shot and it was gone.

Is there any sort of backup or anything for this stuff, or is it gone forever?
QUOTE Thanks
theWalrus

If I did the thing in Photoshop, would Photoshop have saved anything? Before I screencapped it. Or am I basically screwed?
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

ps might have something in it's cache, but it's not likely.

there are apps that can pull intact files off of a drive, but i'm not sure if you can find anything for free and/or you may end up pulling way too much off the drive without being able to tell what's what without opening everything.

here's one: file salvage

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
theWalrus

Thank-you! I'll try this.
QUOTE Thanks
theWalrus

Ahhhh, the trial version doesn't cover undeleting files and I don't have $80 to shell out at the moment. Thanks anyways. I'll have to redo the graphic.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

looks like the download is 10 bucks (us).

QUOTE Thanks
theWalrus

I thought that was the discount? Thanks very much, though. You were really helpful. I ended up redoing everything, and it actually came out better this time, so I'm happy (though sleep-deprived). Thanks again.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can we access MAC from PC remotely? | "Open with:" cannot apply to all same documents »