New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

ADSL Connect problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ResErection

HI,

Ive just been given a mac, and altho i kinda know my way around them im stuck on this problem.

Previously i had a pc which i would connect to my broadband isp with a us robotics sureconnect modem.

I have downloaded the drivers to allow it to work on osx on the mac which all worked fine.

The problem is that my isp - Nildram - require me to dial up first to connect. This mean that on windows i would set up a dial up account with my user name and password with a phone number (any number)

ON the mac it only see my modem as needing a user name and password in the preferences PPPoE section, but no phone number box, which i presume is the problem.

Does anyone know any way of fixing this????

THanx
QUOTE Thanks
ResErection

Well ive narrowed it down now, All my drivers for my modem have installed but to connect to nildram i must connect through the modem port.

Problem is my modem isnt in the list and i cant find any modem scripts online or anything to get it there ?

Nothing on us robotics site either

Any ideas????

Thanx
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

ResErection, what version of mac os are you running?
QUOTE Thanks
ResErection

Well ive managed to sort it out now, no thanx to my ISP !!

Lots of love to the people at the US Robotics helpline
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Glad to hear you have it resolved.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Panther Visual Tour | DNS mystery »