New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - wits end with leopard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rups0815

rups0815 is on a distinguished road

So I got through my boot problems with leopard by going to the genuis bar at the apple store. They installed leopard and told me it was safe to shut down before the indexing was done. So I came home rebooted and let it index. Well it does not give me a time to finish, it will only go maybe up to 8% complete before dropping back down to 2% complete. Another probelm I am having is safari on boot up keeps telling me it cant save my book marks and there is no keychain access. I also cant open itunes because for some reason there is no music folder.

I have a 15" macbook pro 2.33 intel 150gb hard drive. Did erase and install. All files are backed up. Any help would be much appreciated. I am at the point of throwing it against the wall to just use my protection plan. HAHA just kidding.
Thank you very much
C
QUOTE Thanks
phobox

phobox will become famous soon enough

Sounds like some kind of hardware issue, perhaps your hard drive may be the source of the problems, especially if you've done an erase and install and still have the same issues. I would take the machine back to the Apple Store and show the tech guys in there what issues you're having, see if they can either fix it or give you a new machine.
QUOTE Thanks
MaDDoG

MaDDoG is just really niceMaDDoG is just really niceMaDDoG is just really niceMaDDoG is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D

Did you erase and install the original operating system?

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."
MaDDoG's Photo Gallery - http://mcarfa.smugmug.com/
QUOTE Thanks
rups0815

rups0815 is on a distinguished road

Well I have done both but when I went to the genius bar the guy did a erase and install. It seemed to be running fine there. I am also having problems with downloading. It keeps telling me that there is now space on my drive even though there is nothing on it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Will updating OS delete my programs? | VPN Connection »