New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Time Machine Issues

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

eliehass

eliehass has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM

When I first got Leopard, Time Machine worked flawlessly, but now I'm running into some issues... When I enter time machine I can only access my first backup and my most recent backup. I can see the little tabs on the side for all the backups in between but they are grayed out and I cant click on them... can anyone offer any help?

shameless plug for my blog
QUOTE Thanks
eliehass

Mac Specs: iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM

I found a solution from apple which says the problem could be the name of my computer, but it worked fine before, plus changing the name did nothing to help. I can see all my old backups if i look into my backup drive as I would any other but when using the time machine interface it wont let me access them... Any help would be much appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
eliehass

Wow... I feel like an idiot... I had excluded the desktop from backups and I was opening Time Machine with no open windows so it was opening in the desktop, for which no backup except for my original backup. If i hit the applications folder i could then access all of my backups. If anyone else has this issue, I hope this helps
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« screen resolution | Time to upgrade?? »