New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Printing slowly

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Michele

Michele is on a distinguished road

I have just switched to Mac.
I am using OSX Leopard with a Brother MFC 215C Printer.

A table printed from a website when using PC prints at a fast speed.
However, if I print the same table using the Mac it is very slow.
It will however print a normal document from Word at a fast speed.
I have run the Brother, Mac user installation disks so I assume the necessry drivers etc are installed.
Is there some other setting that is causing this frustrating outcome.
Thanks for any advice.
Michele
QUOTE Thanks
Vodevil

Vodevil is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro. 16GB iPod Touch.

I've got an HP all in one and the same thing happens to me, didn't happen with Tiger though... Any one know?
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.2

Firstly go and check this Brother site out for updates:-

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com...=mfc215c_eu_as

Second, is the printer connected DIRECTLY to the Mac and not via some hub or display port? That does slow them down somewhat.
QUOTE Thanks
Michele

Michele is on a distinguished road

Hi ya. Thanks for the replies. Printer is connected directly to computer through usb. AND all seems to have resolved itself...strangely. I reloaded the drivers from my printer installation disc...possibly updates to computer software upset the apple cart, as some days earlier after the updates both itunes and entourage reverted back to their virgin status after downloading updates. Meant all my filing and addresses disappeared....bah!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« backing up when new HD is necessary | Anyone going back to Tiger? »