RSS Screen Saver in Leopard
    Since I upgraded (archive and install) to Leopard, the RSS screen saver feed is stuck on the date Dec 30, 2000. The articles are current, but the date never changes. Anyone know how to fix this?

Can someone try it?
    It looks like either nobody else has this problem or nobody uses this screen saver. Will someone try it, and tell me what happens? I'm wondering if it is a bug or something wrong with my version.

Bump.

Quote Originally Posted by RobW View Post
    It looks like either nobody else has this problem or nobody uses this screen saver. Will someone try it, and tell me what happens? I'm wondering if it is a bug or something wrong with my version.

Working fine for me.

Do you have http://images.apple.com/main/rss/hotnews/hotnews.rss listed as the feed URL in options?

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    Working fine for me.

Do you have http://images.apple.com/main/rss/hotnews/hotnews.rss listed as the feed URL in options?
    No, I am using CNN ( http://rss.cnn.com/rss/cnn_topstories.rss )

I switched to the Apple News RSS feed, and the date was correct. Looks like a CNN issue.

Thanks

I am having the same problem... interestingly it was fine when I first migrated to the new machine and then it changed... my restored Tiger machine is fine so it doesn't have anything to do with my Airport setup. I talked to a couple of my local Geniuses and they didn't know.
    All the permissions are correct, I've run the new versions of DiskWarrior and TechTools Pro from the DVDs, and run the 10.5.6 combo update (fixed a couple other problems). I've deleted the Library Pref file and refreshed, step by step, every date and time setting I could find... no luck.

It's annoying... but I'm a firm believer in these things as an an indication that something isn't right somewhere... it may be nothing or it may be the only symptom I see.

Quote Originally Posted by RobW View Post
    Since I upgraded (archive and install) to Leopard, the RSS screen saver feed is stuck on the date Dec 30, 2000. The articles are current, but the date never changes. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thread Information