New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - need urgent help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MacBoi

MacBoi is on a distinguished road

i was installing the mac os update on my MacBook when suddenly it said i was running low on disc space. then everything froze as it was about 98% complete and my mac just shut off. when i turned the power back on the apple logo shows up and the spinning circle spins but nothing else happens. is there any way for me to fix this myself without sending my macbook to Apple? thanks for any help
QUOTE Thanks
Emoguy55

Emoguy55 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: eMac PowerPc G4 1.25 GHZ Processor, 1Gb Ram

Need a little more info
what was the update
was it an install disc, or just normal software update
it sounds like you may have to get an os install (or restore) disc and do a clean install of your os
but obviously and unfortunately you will lose almost everything
Id say give some more info and im sure there will be someone on here who can help you quite a bit more then me
sorry i couldn't be more help
QUOTE Thanks
MacBoi

MacBoi is on a distinguished road

okay, update.. it was the software update. i just got it to do a safe boot. then i reinstalled the update. now it works properly but takes me about 5 minutes to reboot. it used to only take seconds. and Safari keeps closing atleast 3 times a minute while web surfing.. anybody know what's going on?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Verizon Broadband card very slow | changing text colour on a folder? »